The Finzi Friends was formed in 1982 and exists to foster interest in Gerald Finzi’s music, promote more live performances and a greater appreciation of his contribution to English music.
- A newsletter is published twice a year.
- A lecture or recital and lunch is organised at the Three Choirs Festival each year.
- The work of the Finzi Trust is furthered by organising other events such as Choral Workshops, recitals and lectures.
- There are occasional visits to Ashmansworth (Gerald and Joy Finzi’s home) and other places connected with the composer.
- Triennial Weekends of English Song in Ludlow are organised (the first being held in 2001 – Gerald Finzi’s Centenary year) and with Iain Burnside as Artistic Director and a team of top artists these have proved highly successful events.
- The Finzi Friends has its own web site here.